Sending out text messages is a great way to stay in touch with business associates or to run an advertising campaign. However, manually entering phone numbers and sending the messages one at a time can take an eternity. That is where a bulk SMS service provider can help.
These companies allow you to send text messages to multiple contacts at once, making it fast and easy to get your messages out. Here are just a few of the things that you should look for if you are considering using one of these services:
1. It should be easy to upload the phone numbers. Most good bulk providers will allow you to upload a text file or spreadsheet with the numbers on it. That makes it much faster that having to enter the numbers one at a time. Make sure that whichever service you choose offers some kind of bulk upload option to speed up the process as much as possible.
2. Choose a service that sorts and validates the numbers for you. Sending out multiple messages to the same number or sending messages to numbers that are no longer in service doesn’t do your business any good. Because of that, you should look for a company that will analyze your list to remove duplicates and validate the phone numbers before your messages go out. The last thing you want is to bombard someone on your list with multiple messages simply because their number had gotten entered in your system more than once.
3. You may want to look for a service provider that offers scheduling options for your messages. That way you can choose what time of day you want your messages to go out. You can also schedule follow-up messages to be sent out in the future, making it easy to manage ongoing SMS campaigns. You can do all of the work upfront and then the system will take care of the rest for you.
4. Look for a company that takes security seriously. Anytime you are dealing with sensitive data such as mobile phone numbers, you need to make sure that the company handling the data is well-equipped to protect it. You definitely don’t want the phone numbers of your clients or associates getting leaked to a telemarketer or scammer.
5. Choose a service provider that fits within your price range. Most companies charge based on the number of messages that you send. However, before you agree to work with a company it is important to make sure that you understand their billing structure and that you know exactly how much you will be charged. You don’t want any unexpected surprises when you get your bill.
These tips should help you find the best bulk SMS provider for your business. By choosing a company that makes it easy to upload phone numbers, that validates your data and that allows you to schedule future messages, you can make sending out text messages as quick and easy as possible.